If you have lived in UAE for more than 6 months you may be required to get a UAE Good Conduct Certificate to present it to the Canadian government or private agencies for various purposes. In most cases the UAE Good Conduct Certificate is needed to be presented for passing a security clearance during the application for a new job in Canada, a permanent residency or a Canadian Citizenship.
The UAE Good Conduct Certificate, also known as a Criminal Record Check Certificate, is a document that confirms if you had the criminal records in UAE or not.
The UAE Good Conduct Certificate is issued by the UAE Ministry of Interior and city Police Departments.
There are two ways for obtaining the UAE Good Conduct Certificate:
- Applying online at UAE Ministry of Interior Website. Please note that you are eligible for this option only if you have a valid Emirates ID number. If you do not have it, please proceed with option #2 below.
- Submitting the fingerprints and other supporting documents to Ministry of Interior or city Police Departments in UAE.
To obtain the Good Conduct Certificate the applicant or his/her representative need to submit in UAE Ministry of Interior or City Police Departments an attested and legalized fingerprints form C-216C and other supporting documents (please contact our office for a complete list of required paperwork).
So there are four steps for obtaining the UAE Good Conduct Certificate:
- Getting your 10 fingerprints taken by your local police department on the form C-216C.
- Getting the form with your fingerprints notarized by a Canadian Notary Public.
- Getting your notarized fingerprints legalized. If the fingerprints form is not legalized in Canada, the UAE Police Department will not accept it.
- Sending the legalized fingerprints form along with other supporting documents to your contact in UAE who will obtain the UAE Good Conduct Certificate from Police Department on your behalf. Also you need to send to your contact a legalized power of attorney to authorize him/her to act on your behalf on this matter.
How to attest the fingerprints form?
Once you have notarized the C-216C fingerprints form, send it along with a notarized power of attorney to our office in Ottawa and we will attest them for you. Once the documents have been attested, we can ship them directly to your contact in UAE by DHL. In this case you will need to send all required paperwork in your initial mail to us.
If you need to obtain a UAE Good Conduct Certificate, contact us to get started.